- Shovel head made from stainless steel
- Black oxide coating to resist corrosion
- Handle made from 30 percent nylon and fiberglass reinforcement
Today we'll be reviewing the United Cutlery M48 Kommando Shovel.
Our reviews are based on in-depth research and product analysis. Let's dive in!
- Built with strong materials to survive tough conditions
- Sharp leading edge is ideal for hard, rocky terrain
- Serrated edge and concave chopping edge for additional uses
- Does not fold
- May be too heavy to be comfortable in a backpack
United Cutlery M48 Kommando Shovel Product Review
Incredibly sturdy and built with durability in mind, the Kommando Survival Shovel is an ideal choice if you want more than just a basic shovel.
Although it has a classic shovel design, this tool stands out for its longevity and ability to handle heavy-duty digging. The shovel head is made from stainless steel, with a black oxide coating to increase corrosion resistance. Along with a sharp edge, the shovel blade also has a serrated edge along half of one side, and a concave chopping edge on the other, making it multifunctional in purpose.
The handle is made from 30 percent nylon and fiberglass reinforcement, meaning it is unquestionably tough against the odds.
However, different from the other survival shovels on our list, United Cutlery’s tool does not fold. This does make it more difficult to transport and fit into a backpack, so you may need to allow for a bit of extra space if you decide on this shovel. As it weighs around 3lbs, it is not the most lightweight shovel either, so you will need to take this into account when packing your survival gear.
Share the Love
If you found this post useful, please let others know about it by sharing it.