Today we'll be reviewing the Kelty Grand Mesa Tent 4-Person.
Our reviews are based on in-depth research and product analysis. Let's dive in!
- Lightweight and compact
- Uses color-coded clip construction for an easy set-up and dismantling process
- Includes a vestibule, internal pockets, and gear loft loops for gear storage
- Thick polyester material provides durability for 3-season usage
- Fully seam taped construction
- Not the most spacious interior and may not accommodate four people comfortably
- Some customers have found that the poles are not high-quality and are prone to bending
Kelty Grand Mesa Tent 4-Person Product Review
The Kelty Grand Mesa 4-Person Tent is a super-lightweight option, given that it fits four people. It weighs 6lbs 13oz, so it shouldn’t cause too many issues when you’re carrying it around.
It includes two compact, folding aluminum poles, and uses a color-coded clip construction to make setting it up an easy process. It is designed with thick polyester, so you can expect a durable tent that will last against severe weather conditions.
It features a relatively large interior space, but it might be a tight squeeze if you want four people to fit comfortably inside. Instead, this size means it may work best as a 3-person tent, with room for gear left over. The floor space is around 55 square feet, so if you are particularly tall or have taller people in your group, it might not be the most comfortable option.
The tent has internal storage pockets and gear loft loops, along with a vestibule, so you don’t have to worry about leaving your gear outside or cramming it awkwardly inside.
However, it is worth noting that this isn’t the most ventilated tent, despite being designed for 3-season usage. It comes with one oversized D-door, but no windows, so it may be inconvenient to get in and out of the tent and could feel suffocating during hot weather.
Share the Love
If you found this post useful, please let others know about it by sharing it.