- Updated 3rd edition, published in 2012
- Explores modern-day, global threats, as well as preparing you for natural disasters
- The author is well-known and has experience with disaster preparation
- Designed in an 8" x 10" format, it includes simple worksheets so you can organize a plan with the whole family
- Covers a lot of survival topics in an accessible way, with bullet points and checklists at the end of each chapter
Today we'll be reviewing the Handbook to Disaster Preparedness for the Family.
Our reviews are based on in-depth research and product analysis. Let's dive in!
- Explores a lot of potential disaster scenarios, instead of only specializing in one area of survival
- Reliable and trusted author
- Easy to read layout, with hundreds of photographs and tables
- Includes easy-to-copy worksheets to organize a survival plan
- Great for both beginners and experienced preppers
- Not budget-friendly
- Some customers found the information to be too basic and common sense
Handbook to Disaster Preparedness for the Family Product Review
At 440 pages, the Handbook to Disaster Preparedness for the Family handbook goes into significant detail and covers a vast amount of potential survival situations.
Now in its 3rd edition, the book has been continuously updated to include more advice and guidance, as more threats become apparent. For example, it provides information on how to deal with an Ebola outbreak, financial collapse, or even radiological emergencies.
The information is provided by a trusted source, as author Dr. Arthur Bradley has a Ph.D. in engineering, and currently works for NASA. He has personal experience of several disaster situations and has appeared in the New York Times and on various radio shows.
The book includes practical advice for all of the family, and although it covers plenty of topics, each topic is discussed briefly with straight-to-the-point guidance. It doesn’t suggest expensive or impractical ways to deal with scenarios, and instead gives you realistic and applicable tips written in an easy-to-follow manner.
Share the Love
If you found this post useful, please let others know about it by sharing it.