- Published in 2013
- Explores the Survival Triangle concept
- Written by a Navy veteran
- In-depth advice on how to start fires without conventional equipment
- Features chapters on the 10 Commandments and Five Tenets of Prepping
Today we'll be reviewing the The Prepper’s Survival Guide: An Introduction to Prepping and a Guide to Fire.
Our reviews are based on in-depth research and product analysis. Let's dive in!
- Great for beginners who are new to the concept of Prepping
- Discusses essential topics such as the Survival Triangle, which gives a basic understanding of Prepping
- Useful for wilderness survival
- The information is helpful and relevant to realistic scenarios
- The main focus of the book is around fire, so not ideal if you want more generalized advice on a variety of survival scenarios
The Prepper’s Survival Guide: An Introduction to Prepping and a Guide to Fire Product Review
Author Bryan Foster (who writes under the penname of Zion Prepper) goes into the fundamental reasons behind prepping in An Introduction to Prepping and a Guide to Fire.
This makes it a great choice if you’re completely new to the concept of survival prepping.
He discusses the 10 Commandments and Five Tenents of Prepping, providing you with a detailed understanding of prepping principles and how to be a successful prepper. An important concept to learn for Preppers is what’s known as the ‘Survival Triangle.’ The Survival Triangle is essentially the main areas to focus on when preparing for disasters, and is made up of the ‘Will to Survive,’ ‘Knowledge,’ and ‘Kit.’
In terms of specialized areas of survival, this book focuses on how to start a fire when you’re without equipment, and what alternatives to use instead. This feature is useful for wilderness survival, and if this is a concern of yours, then this book is a good place to start.
However, it does go into a lot of depth around fire, so if you’re looking for a book that can give you a wide range of advice, this is worth bearing in mind.
Share the Love
If you found this post useful, please let others know about it by sharing it.